What You Should Know
We were just one of approximately 15,300 parents that heard the words “your child has cancer”, each year. Cancer is the number cause of death by disease in children of every race, color and creed. While there have been advances in the survival rate from 10% fifty years ago, to 90%. However, that doesn’t account for many rare cancers that has a much lower survival rate and, there has been no decline in the number of diagnosed cases annually in the past 20 years or so.
- 43 Children are Diagnosed with Cancer, Every Day.
- 12% Of Children, WILL NOT Survive after being Diagnosed with Cancer.
- 6 years old is the average age of a Child Diagnosed with Cancer.
- 40,000 Children will be treated for Cancer each year.
- 60% of all Children will suffer from infertility, heart failure, and secondary cancers After, making it through initial treatment to go into remission.
- 375,000 is the approximate number of adult survivors of Childhood Cancer in the United States. That equals out to 1 out of 530 adults between ages 20-39.